2018 Mallie Ann Breuer Scholarship Recipient
- Where did/are you attending college?
- I’m attending NDSCS & am enrolled in the LPN program. I plan on transferring to NDSU after, to pursue my BSN.
- What inspired you to choose your area of study?
- When I was growing up, I’ve always had a passion for helping people and I envisioned having a profession in healthcare. My passion came alive when my grandma had a stroke. Through her recovery process I realized I was called in nursing. I wanted to help as many people as I could. I’m unsure the area of nursing I am pursuing. It’s all to new. I’ve thought about working in the NICU or emergency room though.
- What achievement in your life are you most proud of?
- My parents told me if I want things, I’d have to work for it. I’m thankful for them; they encouraged me to start working at a young age which allowed me to save money and pay for my college tuition.
- How has your education contributed to who you are today?
- Since nursing school started, my perspective of things has changed immensely, I’m looking more optimistically on things and improving my critical thinking skills more because as a nurse we need to be good at that.