2015 Mallie Ann Breuer Scholarship Recipient
- Where did/are you attending college?
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- What inspired you to choose your area of study?
- I am studying family social science and public health with plans to pursue a career in either nursing or clinical social work. I was most inspired by the way my area of study addresses the importance of relationships and social environment when assessing a person’s physical and mental health. It’s something that I know I’ll carry with me into whichever career I choose.
- What achievement in your life are you most proud of?
- I am hopeful that I have many more exciting and worthwhile achievements yet to come, but the proudest personal achievement I have so far has been hiking the Landmannalaugar trail in Iceland through a learning abroad program. While it is by no means the most difficult terrain or the longest trek, it pushed me physically and mentally in a way that I had never been previously.
- How has your education contributed to who you are today?
- I think the most important thing that my education has contributed to my own identity is an understanding of the importance of using the skills that I have gained in order to contribute to the world around me in a meaningful way. It’s exciting to pursue learning in order to fulfill a personal goal or dream, but I am thankful that my education has also given me the opportunity to help and empower others.